Monday, September 5, 2011

The project so far...

I decided earlier this year that I was going to make a Space Ghost costume out of spandex for New York ComiCon (October 13 - 16) partly because I haven't made a costume in a while and partly for the motivation of getting my body back into shape enough to be seen in public wearing spandex.

(Doesn't exactly leave a lot to the imagination.)


As of today (September 5th), I've got another 30 pounds to lose (but down 30 since coming to this decision) and a pile of yellow, red, and black spandex.  The way I see it, I've got about a month to lose the weight and make the costume.  This blog is to provide me with further motivation, keep track of my progress, and hopefully end up being a showcase for bragging rights.

(SG used a mad scientist from the Ghost Planet.  I used Spendex House in the Garment District of NYC)

The current order of pieces to be made seems to be cape and cowl (as one completed piece), gauntlets, and finally making the belt and buying the body suit as close to the con as possible for... let's call it "accurate sizing".

I've currently got an e-mail out to someone I found on you tube who posted an awesome tutorial on making a spandex cowl that I'd only have to modify slightly and said she'd e-mail the pattern to anyone who PMs her.  Here's hoping that works out.  If anyone reading this wants to post a link to a PATTERN (not someone selling the completed mask... sorta defeats the point of this project), I'd appreciate it.

Well, that's it for now.  In case you don't know who Space Ghost is or what he looks like (yet still felt compared to read this blog), check-a-check out his wiki page.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment