Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mask / Cowl

9/13:  PROGRESS!  After getting through an unexpectedly busy week and working through a few technical difficulties (IE:  Messing up a bunch of times), I've come up with this:


As you can probably see, I had to add about 4 inches of fabric in the neck area.  I've adjusted my pattern accordingly for future use.  

Over the next couple of days I'll hopefully add the chest emblem, sew white into the eyes and accomplish a bit of hemming.


9/6:  Thanks to the majesty of the internet, I've found a very generous individual who has posted not only an instructional video, but also pattern for making a cowl!  I've traced her basic pattern off of my computer screen and tomorrow night I'm going to try and modify it to include the Space Ghost mask and maybe cut & sew if I have time.

I think the cape IS going to be a separate piece and use the SG profile chest piece as the clasp...  But not actually attached to the mask.  We'll see.


9/7 (1pm):  What better way to spend a lunch break than working on sewing patterns?  Attempt at modifying a cowl pattern into a mask and cowl that will accommodate my somewhat sizable schnoz:

(Ears marked out in case this works and I want to make different costumes in the future).

Tonight, I sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment